Friday, April 21, 2006

I'm not dead yet either.

But really, who needs to read anything on their own when fellow blogger friends provide you with links to more stupid people around the nation?

Take a certain Judge in Miami for instance. He dismissed a woman's lawsuit against World Wide Red Light for invasion of privacy on the grounds that, if she stays anonymous then her privacy hasn't been invaded. Wanna know what the lawyer for WW said? I bet you're waiting with bated breath.

She's not a child, she's not abused. She can't claim invasion of privacy because this tape was made in the presence of others.
Are you saying wtf, too? Because that's the first thing that came out of my mouth. You know what; you don't have to make this shit up anymore because our lovely judicial system does it for us. Oh wait, it seems to be men who mostly make this shit up because we women are just Others.

Now on to other stupid men.

A 76-year old man claiming to be a doctor went door-to-door in a FL neighborhood offering free breast exams. And two women let him in. The man was being his natural predacious self, I understand that. Maybe because of his age he didn't know he was supposed to behave; I've known many a dirty old man who think they can get away with it because they are older.

I would like to believe this but I'm not stupid (at least most of the time anyway though I'm sure I have my moments). Seriously though, any man professing to be a doctor, who comes to the front door of my house offering free breast exams is creepy and raises all sorts of red flags. I’m very thankful he only made it to the 3rd woman before his previous victims got smart and called the police. Now he'll be enjoying his retirement in jail.

And because we can't stop with a judge and perverted old man, we'll move on to University!

Baylor University in Waco, TX has banned its female athletes from posing for Playboy.

I like what a student of the Uni said personally:
One woman, who professed no desire to pose for Playboy, said Baylor officials had "more important things to worry about" and wondered if male students would face similar punishment if they were seen reading an issue of Playboy featuring Baylor women.
There is much more to worry about with regards to students and safe campuses so it's only telling that posing for Playboy draws the administrations attention as opposed to those who read it. I think it's because the board/administration is mostly, if not all, white men who like to partake in the viewing pleasures of Playboy now and again. We wouldn't want them to ban themselves now would we?