Saturday, January 14, 2006

Munich Take II

I saw it tonight and wow, what a fabulous movie! I liked the graininess of the film, the sympathetic protaganist, the feeling behind the characters as they definitely were not one dimensional. I said before that it looked good and now I'm tellin' you it is good. Hurry and see it or buy it on DVD when it comes out in a few months.

Speilberg did an excellent, I think, at portraying the reasons why the Palestanians and Israeli's fight continuously. Although the film centered mostly on the Israeli take on things, it helps remind viewers that Jesus was indeed a Jew and his people want their land and safety back.

I also realized that the U.S. backs Israel for purely selfish reasons. We don't need the land nor do we care what happens to its people. We want the sanctity of it, the idea of holiness and divine righteousness is supposedly holds. Why, I do believe Israel might count as an icon.

Warning: this movie jerks your emotions all over the place and they do kill people and show it all so it's not for the anti-violence type of person.

(I wanted to see Brokeback Mountain but of course it's playing at only one theater and that's in Richmond so I may have to wait 'til it comes out on DVD. Damnit.)