Thursday, June 09, 2005

Talk Dr. Day

That's what today was, or this morning rather. The "good" thing is that Peanut had one of his usual meltdowns in the office, right there for the Talk Dr. to see. It's good because she got to see what I deal with multiple times a day sometimes or even multiple times in one evening. It can be very stressful and tiring.

So based on the responses to the questionnaire that both his teacher and me filled out, he has been officially diagnosed with Oppositional Defiant Disorder. Won't his father be proud.

I found out that it's genetic and the child gets it from someone else with the same problem. In my case, both me and my ex husband could have been the carriers, but something tells me its me. I was just.like.Peanut with the temper tantrums and such.

Peanut will be seeing the Talk Dr. for a long time most likely so she can help him learn ways to show his emotion without hitting or crumbling to the ground in frustration and/or anger.

This also means I have to tighten up on my parenting.

I told her this morning that there are times when I just don't want to fight about something so I let him get away with more. Who wants to fight with a kid all the time? Not I says the fly.

But anyway, I thought I'd let you all know the deal. Now it's time to start reading up on this thing and get going!