Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Peanutisms

This kid anunciates every syllable of a word, no kidding.

Violet is Vi-O-Let

William is Willi-am

Rotweiller is Rot-we-iller

He even corrects me. Sometimes I'll be goofing around and say 'libary' instead of 'library' and he'll say, "Mom, it's library."

Saturday and Sunday he played outside for most of the day with his G.I. Joe's. He even had strategic manuevers for them all. I can't sit outside with him because he interrupts my reading with, "Mom, you know what this guy does?" or "Mom, did you see that?" or "Mom, watch this" every 5 minutes. Trying to watch a movie with this kid is not fun because he talks the entire time about what they are doing, about what they are doing and what it will lead to, etc. I have learned to tune him out, especially when it's a movie he's seen 100 times, like Spirit (which is a really good movie btw).

Today I found out that he thinks war is a reality instead of just a sometimes thing. This is the very reason why G.I. Joe and it's whole message irritates me, but we can only blame the ex-asshole for starting that trend.

Yesterday, while pulling into Target to get a Hummingbird Feeder he said, "Mom, after we get the Hummingbird Feeder, we are going to look for a toy for me."

I said, "Uh, we'll see."

He said, "I know, I know. It depends on how good I am and if I ask you one more time, you're not going to get me one."

Laughing, I agreed and then commenced to argue with him about why I was not going to get a cart just for a Hummingbird Feeder and that he would get over it. He followed me through the store going, "My feet hurt mom,." "You're mean because you are making me walk," and so on. After we got to where the feeders were, he forgot all about his sore feet.

And after procurring a regular bird feeder and the hummingbird feeder, not to mention a 16lb bag of bird seed, I was really missing that cart.