Wednesday, September 20, 2006

I have moved!

So last week it was official and Saturday I started moving in to my first ever 2 bedroom, 1 bath 2nd floor apartment where none of the fucking windows open except the only vinyl window in the kitchen. (I called the landlord Monday and he's supposedly going to fix them but we'll see. When I told him that windows not being able to open at all are a fire hazard, he looked at me quizzically and asked, "How so?" Not a good sign.)

Other than that, I'm very happy with the place as I have a stackable washer/dryer, a decent refrigerator, gas stove and plenty of space to add counters, a storage cabinet that will be my pantry (it has to have doors so dog mouths can't easily steal the food within when I'm not looking) and soon a microwave cart. Ms. Kitty was delivered to me Sunday evening; she hid for about the 1st hour and when I showed her the litter box, she stayed in there for about 20-30min, partly because she recognized it and partly because it's covered so it provides her with a sense of security I guess.

Did you know that one never fully realizes how many books they own until they have to pack them up and haul them to another location entirely? I think I ended up with 17 boxes of books and those were just mine. I have filled 1 rather large bookcase, a 2nd that is about half the size of the 1st and still another bookcase is needed as I have 3 boxes of books left to shelve. Damn how I love books! (And yarn.)

I did find out that ants seem to love urban city living and tried to devour my trashcan yesterday. Thanks to Nascar Nut who now lives minutes away, I obtained ant spray and killed those suckers. Okay, so I doused them, that's how bad I don't want them in my kitchen.

Peanut started a new school which is only 1 block away and we walk to it each morning. It has been great waking up at 7:30am and leaving our house at 8:30 instead of getting up at 6:30am to leave the house no later than 7:45 in order to get to Peanut's school by 8:35. I can get Peanut up at 8am now and he's been a much happier kid.

Labels: