Wednesday, September 06, 2006

More yummy yarn

I ordered the Cotton Twist with my $50 in birthday money. Well, okay, I really spent $50 of my own money on the yarn and the $50 from my parents (and $22 from me) was spent on 9 hanks of silky wool that I plan to make a triangular pattern scarf out of (see below).













Because Peanut is such a cool kid, he wanted to buy more yarn for my birthday since he sees how much his mom loves knitting (not to mention how much I spend on yarn and in yarn shops, too!). The yarn he bought was in addition to the 4 skeins I already had in my possession but needed more of to make a wrap for myself. It's 290 yards of 75% cotton, 25% wool and made right here in Virginia.



Hopefully before the weekend arrives I'll have finished the stole I'm making for a friend. When I say stole in this sense, I do mean what priests wear around their neck during a service (Episcopalian please), not just what women wear to keep themselves warm.

I'm also attempting to knit my first pair of socks, but haven't even finished the first of the set yet. I need to have those done by November but I'm hoping to have at least 1 more pair also done for my friend's birthday, which is somewhere near Thanksgiving. I know she'll really appreciate the handknit aspect of it so I can't wait to give them to her.

Labels: