Thursday, March 09, 2006

Those damned mommy-wars

I really wish they'd go away but no, Diane Sawyer on ABC's Good Morning America felt the need to ignite those flames once again with Linda Hirschman's opening remark: *sigh*


"I think it's a mistake for these highly educated and capable women to make that choice [to stay home]," said law professor and working mom Linda Hirschman. "I am saying an educated, competent adult's place is in the office."


What about the poor women or us single-moms where working is a have to, not a choice? Who's going to pay our bills?

I don't even have the energy to address this in-fighting anymore. And I'm with NOW on this one, pitting women against each other defeats the purpose of feminism and solidarity and I just wish we could all get along for Mary's (instead of Pete) sake.