Friday, September 30, 2005

Sad, irritated, frustrated....

I think I'm feeling them all today. My ex-husband, though I don't care for him too much, had to put 2 puppies down last night with 2 others sure to follow. The 5th puppy, their hopeful, has been isolated so as not to get anyone else sick and hopefully not get sick himself. Somehow the puppies contracted the Parvovirus which can be deadly to younger and older dogs/cats. So I feel for him because it's got to be very hard to essentially place a puppy into eternal sleep because you know what the virus can do to them if you don't. And to have to do it with all 5 is crushing.

But he won't let me tell Peanut. Instead, he says he'll "make something up" but he "doesn't think the little boy should have to deal with that." I believe in telling the truth and death is a part of life; it happens, even to puppies. So I've decided to tell him about the one, but give my ex-husband a chance because it is the respectful thing to do and I would not like it if my ex-husband went against something I feel strongly about (even though he does that often, 2 wrongs don't make a right).

So I'm not much in the mood to comment on what I was going to blog about. But I think they'll mostly speak for themselves anyway.

I think this has been around in the blog world already, but I felt it needed to be said again since the new round of finger pointing has begun.

Bush's talk of conservation just flat out pissed me off. He knows we have the technologies to build hybrid vehicles or to set up alternative forms of energy sources, yet he only asks that "We [can] all pitch in...by being better conservers of energy," Bush said after hearing a briefing at the Energy Department. "I mean, people just need to recognize that the storms have caused disruption and that if they're able to maybe not drive...on a trip that's not essential, that would be helpful."

I won't dissect his lack of orator (oration?) skills at the moment, but damn, can the man form a coherent sentence?

High gas prices also have emboldened pro-production lawmakers to make a push to open up coastal waters to new drilling.

Yes, because this is the answer, eh? Argh, I wish they'd listen, just once. Many americans don't just want lower gas prices, but alternatives that aren't going to cost them an arm and a leg to acquire as well.

But on to the last point, though it's not really much of a point as it is a HA HA HA! You thought you'd get away with it! After all, it's not who they are, it's what they accomplish while there (in the Senate). Right, that's why 2 of you are under investigation for screwing with other peoples money, kinda sorta.