Thursday, September 22, 2005

emergency

I got a call from my ex husband about an hour ago. My good friend L. has OD'd but I don't know if it was by accident or not just yet. My ex had the foresight to know that L. not waking up when prompted was not a good sign so he called the EMT's. They rushed her to the hospital to get the stuff out of her system and who knows what else.

Most of you don't believe in a god, but pray to something will ya? She's been severely depressed lately because of her Chrohn's and having to depend on people too much who don't like her or her illness.

I'm leaving in the morning, early. Falling asleep at the wheel right now wouldn't accomplish anything and there's nothing I can do for her but wait and hope.

But god damnit I wish there was something more that I could fucking do. Like take her away from all that bullshit for one.

Fuck.

Update: friend okay so far. She's intubated and knocked out while the dr.'s try and figure out what exactly she took in order to treat it. I found out through my ex that they are either treating her with methadone or she was taking it (the latter makes no sense but he sucks at relaying accurate information). I still leave tomorrow morning so I'll find out for myself.

Something my ex said though is making me wonder even more who this person is. He told me of an incident where she made up a story about some men trying to take her into a van and rape her, talking to the police but then calling the whole thing off. She has never told me about such an incident. This is also not the first time someone has told me something like this that she has done. Who knows. It's entirely possible I don't know her as well as I thought I did.

He also thinks she's addicted to her regular meds, which is entirely possible since it's heavy narcotics, but it doesn't fit the usual addictive habits.

I guess I'm just going to have to confront her and get it over with.