Friday, September 02, 2005

Don't forget the animals

I thought this warranted a seperate post because I think the rescue of the many animals left behind in zoos, parks and homes are equally as important.

This morning I heard a radio host make fun of a guy who swam for 9 hours with his two dogs. Yesterday on the news, that same guy was interviewed. He started sobbing, telling the reporter that it just wasn't worth leaving his dogs behind.

I'm inclined to agree with him as we've had threats of tornadoes in the past and we've been trying to figure out how to save us and the animals at the same time.

So while you are giving money, remember the organizations that help the animals, too, such as Noah's Wish, the Humane Society of the United States and so on. I will warn you. Local donations are impossible since it appears websites are down, too. So I'm sticking with the Humane Society for now as their home base is nowhere near LA.

Update: A classmate told me about Best Friends Humane Society and I finally found North Shore Animal League. Both are also doing relief work in LA and MI.