Wednesday, July 13, 2005

FYI

Just so you all know, I'm not purposely avoiding my blog, I've been busy. You see, I help coordinate this Conference that my mom used to do for about 15 years that I now have done for the past 3. I leave on Friday to go to this Conference, or rather, to officially start setting up for it. So I've been busy this week and last getting housing and workshop space assignments done, changing them around at least once a day since finishing, etc. Not to mention the last minute registrants who want rooms and their workshop choices.

And I've been trying to get the company my sister works for out to the house that I now volunteer for (who has a husky rescue) to put up a quad kennel. They are doing it for free yet not really because nothing is ever totally free.

I have had a post running around in my head for quite some time. The visit with MLK, III sparked the idea and a conversation with my Special Friend has fueled it. The post is going to be something with regards to Privilege (yes, with a capital P) and why sometimes, "It's a black thing, you wouldn't understand," can sometimes be a valid explanation.

I am going to use my time at Shrine Mont sitting around with a notebook, writing thoughts and formulating an outline to what will become an essay most certainly. I also need to get a few resources like a woman by the last name of MacIntosh who created her own White Women Privilege Checklist.

So I'll be talking with you all soon and who knows, maybe I'll post something tomorrow or Friday before I leave officially saying ciao.

Labels: ,