Monday, November 27, 2006

Hello new socks!

Yes, this knitting thing has quickly devolved into an obsession. However, there are some of you who think this is cool therefore placing you in my good graces. : )

So, without further ado, I bring to you my first pair of socks in a deliciously easy self-patterning yarn. This will definitely not be my last especially since Peanut has requested his own very colorful version. (He loves rainbows, what's up with that?)

Yes, I took a picture of these Monday morning (11/20) while at work before I shipped them off to my friend for her birthday, which was Tuesday (11/21). Better late than never eh?

Yarn: Marks & Kattens Clown which is 45% bomull/cotton, 40% superwash ull and 15% nylon
Needles: size US2 DPN's
Pattern: I got it from the 2006 Knitting a Pattern-a-Day Calendar
Notes: I actually had a lot of fun knitting these and realized fairly early why socks are great on-the-go projects (so are hats, especially infant ones). I plan on knitting up a pair of flag socks for my dad as a xmas present, though I have to figure out how to connect the pattern so as not to leave any gaps, which I will do this weekend. Next I need to learn how to knit on 1 or 2 circular needles so I won't panic when I loose one of the four DPN's I tend to work with.

I think a lot of the fun came from knowing it was my bestest friend in the whole wide world who was going to be the proud recipient of said socks since she exclaimed to me one day in passing how there was nothing better than hand knit socks. That's all the inspiration I needed to tackle the seemingly daunting task of managing several DPN's at one time!

Labels: