Monday, November 13, 2006

Knitting and Politics, Who'd a Thunk?

I can even knit while watching election returns and not skip a beat. :)

Below is what I call a Triangle Scarf but really it's got something like varsity in the title. It is supposed to resemble the many flags and somethingphones that people scream into, but I like to refer to them simply as triangles as it makes the most sense.

Needles: US 7/4.5mm
Yarn: Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool
Pattern: Winning Pennants from the Spring 2006 Knitting Universe magazine
Notes: This knit up very easy and will make a great holiday present for someone, of who I'm not sure at this time.

Next is a rectangular shawl I knit for Peanut in colors he half picked out, half whatever'd, but loves the end product so much he often uses it as a "blanket" when sleeping.

The day after I finished weaving in the loose ends, he dragged it on the ground a bit. When I told him to pick it up, he responded, "But mom, we can just throw it in the washer." I said, "But you still need to take care of it if you want it to last." A big, "Ohhhhhh," could be heard. Needles: US 8/5mm
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino which can be machine washed cold on gentle and dried flat
Pattern:
Flying Geese and I got it from the back of my mom's Vogue Knitting book
Notes: I'm trying to stay away from washing it altogether, but Peanut is 7 so I'm not holding my breath. I needed a pattern that looked cool but left no holes (read: weaknesses) because I was worried Peanut would snag the openings on something. I got bored with this about halfway through, but forced myself to finish since fall/winter was quickly approaching.

I am currently working on the Lady Eleanor in Noro Silk Garden and my first pair of socks. I've got some gorgeous off-white Alpaca I'm dying to knit up using the Beaudelaire sock pattern and a friend of mine is going through a rough time so I'm going to knit her a prayer shawl my way (it's typically the Trinity Stitch which is K3, P3 but I find that boring) out of some gorgeous multi-hued Koigu I purchased online a few weeks ago.

Labels: