Sunday, January 14, 2007

Ta-da!


My mom's shawl is almost done. The I-Cord is all I need to get going up the sides to polish it off, but I need to sit at an actual table to do it because it sitting on my lap and me hunched over makes for a very uncomfortable position (so says my back and shoulders).

It was knit entirely in Debbie Bliss cashmerino. That is a navy blue in between the colors, not black and it's The Rebozo from Folk Shawls by Cheryl Oberle. I love this book and look forward to knitting more shawls from it.

Don't let the folds fool you, this sucker is about 90" long and 60" wide and was knit in about 10 days - that's 321 stitches per row which took 20min (give or take a few) to knit. So just keep in mind this is a long term project because starting at 7pm and knitting until you pretty much fall asleep (for me it was usually around 1:30 or 2am) for 10 days straight not only makes you swear off knitting for a few days, but your hands and legs start hurting.

Of course, I wouldn't have been so rushed if I'd just swallowed my pride and used stitch markers to begin with. But no, I had to find out at the halfway point that I was missing 7 stitches, frogged the whole thing and started over a mere 10days before xmas.

Labels: