Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Ho Hum

I've been busy, especially with knitting because I'm now onto the back of Peanut's new sweater and soon will be doing the front....then it's on to the hood! I promise I'll post pictures when it's completed because I'll be so excited that I followed a complete pattern all.by.myself and I'll want to show it off anyway!

So, instead of a regular blog post, I'm leaving your with a link to Calculate your Ecological Footprint.

What about me you ask?

CATEGORY/ACRES
FOOD/3
MOBILITY/3.7
SHELTER/4.4
GOODS/SERVICES/7.4
TOTAL FOOTPRINT/18

IN COMPARISON, THE AVERAGE ECOLOGICAL FOOTPRINT IN YOUR COUNTRY IS 24 ACRES PER PERSON. WORLDWIDE, THERE EXIST 4.5 BIOLOGICALLY PRODUCTIVE ACRES PER PERSON.

IF EVERYONE LIVED LIKE YOU, WE WOULD NEED 4.2 PLANETS.
Sad isn't it? I have a feeling that when I finally move out on my own, this will reduce drastically because I only have me to convince to save electricity, to walk more, etc. Convincing just one as opposed to 3 other adults is way easier.

Now on to WomensEnews.

They have a few good articles in this latest edition, namely their cover story about the Duke rape case and the South Dakota ban on all abortion, even in the case of rape, incest and the health of the mother.

At least Mississippi's (D) Rep. Holland had enough common sense to let the bill die in conference. The whole state only has 1 abortion clinic and major restrictions have been placed on abortion there anyway. Maybe that's why he thought an entire sweeping ban was unnecessary.