Thursday, March 30, 2006

So much for that happening ending

I just finished reading The Handmaid's Tale and seriously, what a shitty ending. Or should I say what a shitty way to not end a story. Because it doesn't actually end. This could be attributed to Margaret Atwood's tendancy towards dramatic drawn out writing. I tried reading Alias Grace once and it seemed so pushed I only got halfway through and stopped.

So I'm on to Jane now; it's so entirely engaging that I'm on the 2nd chapter. I was going to read Saturday's Child, but Jane seems so much more poignant given our current political climate, so it'll just have to wait.

(When I looked for this link just now, SC was grouped with Jane Fonda's book My Life So Far. I believe this would be an insult to Robin Morgan and other women of the early feminist movement in that Fonda hasn't done jack shit for women. Like ever.)