Thursday, December 08, 2005

unescapable thoughts

I've had these in the que for a while, trying to figure out what I wanted to say about them...but there really isn't anything to say.

The idea of Alito putting faith in the 1st Amendment scares the bejeezus out of me and selling off the daughters of poor families is nothing new. It is very sad, but it has been happening for centuries. This time, however, it resurfaces as mistresses, otherwise known as concubines, in African villages.

And how come the US still hasn't done something like this for women who have been victims of domestic violence?

Tougher penalties for human traffickers, including those who take part in the process by purchasing time with one of the trafficked, is a cause I can stand behind.

That's all for now, really. I read too much of everything so it's not that I'm being lazy, I'm off reading other stuff and forgetting to leave myself time to share.