Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Peanut's got the flu

It's been hell today lemme tell you.

This is something I wish I had someone here to help me with; it's one of the few times being a single mom really sucks because it's hard watching him wake up disoriented, only knowing some woman is shoving a little cup with medicine he really doesn't want to take at him then hey, she's back with toast.

Last night his fever spiked. I could tell because he suddenly woke up and looked around like he didn't know where he was. When I asked him a question, he looked at me like I was unfamiliar to him. That signaled an emergency in my brain so I rushed to get him the motrin.

His fever went down and he went to sleep soundly.

Just a little while ago he woke up, saw me and said, "I don't want to be here." When I asked where, he repeated, "I don't want to be here."

I asked him where here was and he said he was on a pile of....

A parent doesn't just watch their 7 year old child endure the virus, they go through it with them, from the chills to the heat flashes to the downing of medicine that's supposed to taste like bubble gum but instead takes like fancy dirt.

Labels: ,