Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Life is too short, too short

Today, after spending 40min of my time in traffic because of a 7 car accident on I-64 which, ta-da, made me 30min late for work, I was told I'd better start being here on time no matter what or I will not have a job.

When I tried to explain how I just spent the last 40min in traffic and that is something completely out of my control, I was told it didn't matter, I should have left earlier.

He then said I've been late everyday since I began working here and since I'm first on phones it's unacceptable. His idea of late, btw, is getting here exactly at 8am.

So either I'm going to get fired by Friday or I'm going to quit. I'm really tempted to leave today and not come back, but at least by getting fired I can claim unemployment. I just don't know if it's really worth my sanity to stick around that long.

Labels: ,