Friday, February 24, 2006

Ignorance

Sometimes it's bliss but only if you really don't know what the hell is going on. In this case, it would be nice to sit with my head in the sand, but I can't. Between South Dakota's General Assembly banning all abortion and the Supreme Court's decision to hear the case of the "partial birth abortion" ban, I'm not all that optimistic that women will have any reproductive rights soon.

And we're supposed to be the No.1 nation when it comes to human rights. If the anti-woman, anti-choice fuckers get their way, my ex-husband is just gonna have to move with me to Canada, fer real.

Here is what everyone else is saying on this issue:

Molly Saves the Day gives us instructions on how to perform our own abortions, or D&C's are they are referred to in the medical world. Like Jill, I don't necessarily endorse this, but I'm not stupid either.

Jill gives us a great run-down on just why the court could (and possibly will) overturn Carhart. It's sad really, but we need to be prepared.

Wing Chun over at This is Not Over has a brief blurb and wonders what would be the best course of action. Will telling the Governor of South Dakota to ignore his beliefs really work?

Liza of Culture Kitchen sends out a fuck you to South Dakota.

There is, of course, always Jessica at Bush v. Choice who keeps us up to speed on the happenings around the nation with regards to reproductive rights of all kinds, especially now.

And of course Amanda puts out her $.02. She's good at it, too, so we'll let her.

Charlie at Shades of Grey has a few more links and quite pointedly shows us just how much dKos and Kevin Drum really care about women's reproductive rights.

Lawyers, Guns and Money, as always, has a good take on this lovely piece of legislation.

And how could I have forgotten Shakespeare's Sister?

If you know of more, let me know and I'll add them to the list.