Monday, May 02, 2005

great websites

So I posted some great blogs earlier and now I'm going to post some great websites.

I have 2 finals and 2 papers to write in appx 2 weeks so I most likely won't do any heavy posting but I have began research for a post on Women in the Military which was brought up on Dr.B's (can you tell I visit a lot?) website via a post she read on PhDFraud.

This writing for myself and not prof's is sooo much more enjoyable as I don't have to worry about getting a good grade. And if anyone has pointers for writing a theory-based paper for a pain in the ass sociologist prof, please let me know. She keeps reiterating the fact that we must have a feminist theoretical approach in our papers but other than stating, "According to the Disability Feminist Theory, women who have a disability want to be included in the 'pro-choice' argument in that they want able-bodied feminists to realize they desire to be mothers, too," I'm quite lost on her meaning.

Anyway, here are the links:

White Ribbon Alliance for the National Safe Motherhood Campaign

Woman's Hour on BBC presents Women on the Front Line

Have a look and a listen and most importantly, enjoy!